Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Goodies!

Firstly, DVD would like to wish everyone out there a happy new year, and I hope you all had a good Christmas. As for us “Round Dave’s”, I am pleased to say that today’s post is a milestone for us, as it is post number 50! Also since we started this blog back in April, we have surpassed well over 10,000 views and counting. For that, id like to thank everyone who has bothered to take the time to stop by.

Now before I get into the goodies I got this Christmas, I’m pleased to say that I have finally got thecity buildings I have been working on painted up, and hope to show them off a bit more in the near future. For now here’s a quick snap I took earlier.
They are not perfect, and I may add some more detail here and there, but for now, they are good to go for some game use.

Now on to the miniatures! Now partly the reason I’ve been a bit slow to post since Christmas is because I have been working on these.
I did quite well this year, as I received a nice haul of miniatures from the folks from the Studio Miniatures Survivor range, and the wife got me a box of Wargames Factory’s Zombie Vixens to top it off.

Other miniature related presents included some new brushes, new lamp, and a clamp device with a magnifying glass for me to add some more detail to my future work.
 Anyway that’s all, for now. A bit of a lazy post I know, but hey, I got a box of zombies to paint!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Buddy. From what I can see the buildings look great. Perhaps have some clip on shops signs or posters. I need a lamp I have one of those magnify things but struggled with it. I bought some of those glasses from Poundland that are like magnifying glasses they seam to work ok for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers simon, and happy new year to you too mate.
      I did get some warping on the buildings, but as they cost next to nothing to make, i don't mind so much. I do plan to make some detachable signs for them eventually as i start to flesh out some city details. I haven't tried the magnifying glass yet, though i plan to have a go soon to try and add some more detail to the faces of my next batch of survivors. I think i will get alot of use out of it and the clips when i start to assemble some small scenery pieces.

      Delete
  2. Buildings look almost ready to go as they are; nice Xmas haul too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically they are, but I can't help looking at them and thinking how I can improve on them.

      Delete
  3. Happy new year mate!

    You will be happy for the magnifier. Certaintly it has helped me on numerous occasions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you to mate,
      I'm planning on trying it out soon, hopefully it will allow me to add more detail to the minis faces, as that's one thing I feel I've never been any good at.

      Delete