Thursday, January 31, 2013

Emergency Vehicles

While on my way home a couple of weeks ago, I passed by a local shop, which is kinda like a home depot/pound shop type place. On previous visits, I had noticed that they sell cheap toys and what not, so I decided to pop in an see if they had anything I could use in my games. So after a quick peruse around the shop, I took a stroll down the toy aisle, and to my delight I found these.


This box containing six plastic vans (two for each of the three emergency services) was priced at a mere £3.49! Safe to say, after a quick check to see if they were roughly the right size, I nabbed them up instantly!



When I got home, like a child with a new toy, I instantly opened them up for a closer look. Now they are not the best toy vehicles bar far, but at that price, they’ll do the job! I lined them up with some figures and my home built roads to check the scale, and in my opinion, they lined up quite nicely.


Now a few days after I bought these, my daughter and I went to visit my younger brother. Talking to him, he showed me the silly Christmas presents his mates down at the forge (yes my brothers a blacksmith, and no he hasn’t made me any armour/weaponry yet lol) had got him as his secret santa present. We had a good laugh at the random crap they got him, which included some toys which he gave to my daughter, and this!



Safe to say, I was quite pleased when he said I could keep it!!!!

11 comments:

  1. A good find, Dave. I often pop into Poundland to see what's available in the toy section. It's a good source for cheap vehicles. Supermarkets are also worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing Poundland is good for this sort of thing, I just haven't had the need to go to any of the shopping centers or high streets where they have one for a while.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks cmnash,
      Seems It was more a lucky find to be honest!

      Delete
  3. great find, I'll be on the lookout for these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe,
      There not to bad for that price. I'm gonna take more trips over there, as this place seem to change their stock quite regularly!

      Delete
  4. Great find Dave is it a common store or a local one off shop. They would look great to fill out the table as well bastion to climb onto away from the undead!

    I'm quite lucky theres one or two poundlands at places I have to goto regulary for work, Wilkinsons and B&M are good sources for toys as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon,
      Sadly I think it a small family run business, which is strange considering the size and location of the place. I'd describe it as more of a warehouse! They sell all sorts random stuff, but it's the type of place where once they've sold it, that's it! I think I was quite lucky to get these.

      Delete
  5. That reminds me theres a place in Birmingham thats a warehouse type place its been that long since of been i'll have to go and a have a mooch round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I all ways check out pound shops, you can find some great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definately something i'll be doing more often

      Delete