Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Three reasons why I will not go see Titanic 3D!

First of all, I would like to start by saying, since the good performances in films such as “The Departed” and “Inception”, the hate I felt for Leonardo DiCaprio had all but diminished and finally I could move on with my life. Life was peachy and all was right in the world until I was recently inundated with trailers and posters for “Titanic 3D”, and suddenly all of the anger from my teens for dear little Leo and this movie came flooding back.

Thus here are three reasons why I shall not be going to see Titanic 3D!

  1. Since I first saw this movie in the cinema in 1997, to the time of writing this, my opinion of this movie is still that of “I think this film is utter shit!”
  2. With the wonders of 3D technology giving the optical illusion that Leonardo DiCaprio is but a few yards away from me, and the fact that I still cannot punch him in his smug little face is for me, just too much to bear!
  3. Should I be in the cinema and all of a sudden find myself overcome with rage, and thus lash out at the ethereal Leo, I would look like an idiot for two reasons. A) Punching thin air, and B) Being caught in a cinema watching Titanic a second time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment