Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Xbox 360 Review

Given the recent hoopla with GAME and their refusal to accept gift vouchers, a couple of weeks ago, Mr D and I decided to go out and cash in on the vouchers I recieved for Xmas while I still had the chance. As a result I was roped into buying a copy of Skyrim on the Xbox 360, and glad I was too!!!!



This game is simply awesome!!! Now I'm not much of a video gamer anymore but for the past couple of weeks I've been hooked on this game. It is surely one of the most visually beautiful games I've ever seen. From its stunning scenery, right down to its smallest creatures.


This game is very similar to previous Elder Scrolls titles. It's a 1st person RPG in a fantasy setting where you go on quests, explore dungeons, use magic, stab monsters with big swords and generally save the day. Unlike in its previous titles (that I've played) however, in Skyrim, you get to slay (very big) dragons.

Anyone who's played any of the other Elder Scroll games will know that these games are packed with content and this offering has already more than met my expectations. I have been playing for the best part of two weeks now and I've barely scratched the surface of what you can do in this game. From the main story arc, to the seemingly endless side quests dotted throughout the game, players will never be short of things to do for what will seem like (at least to me) months worth of game play.

If you're even remotely interested in these sort of games, then I'm pretty sure you will love this one!!!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I enjoyed Skyrim I found that after a few weeks it became repetitive. It's all good and well having side quests dotted throughout the game but when they're asking you to do what is essentially the same mission in a different guise, it becomes somewhat monotonous. You might be sat there saying "but potatoupmybum what are you talking about? Look at the vastness of the playing world and all the crazy, cool weapons and upgrades you can acquire...". I agree, this is one part of the game that I really enjoy although I can't help but feel that it's rendered pointless in this game. What I'm trying to say is, I got sick of being sent to tombs and caves (which all looked very similar, I should add) and killing a set of minions to then find myself at the "Boss room" where I'd kill the boss and leave the cave/tomb. It was this constant repetition of entering the cave, killing the underlings and then the boss that left me completely unsatisfied with that particular element of the game. I suppose I should list some things that I actually enjoyed. Shouts. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete